Melitopol State Pedagogical University named after Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Melitopol, Ukraine
Title: Axiological dimensions of harmonious relations in the system “nature-man”
Paper Type: Research Paper
City, Country: Melitopol, Ukraine
Authors: G. Taranenko
human-nature system has been substantiated. The attention on the appropriateness
of the appeal to axiological paradigm of education in the context of harmonization of
educational space has been focused.
The person’s consciousness ecologization is analyzed in the context of culturaleducational
space harmonization. The attention was focused on human dimension
and human measurability of the new paradigm creation of the co-world and ecological
knowledge transfer. The harmony of the nature and the man is conceptualized as
a strategy guideline of person’s cultural-educational space ecologization. There
is an emphasize on the importance of addressing to the ethics of the nature, coevolutional
worldview, noospherization of human thinking and other determinants of
anthropoecologization of the nature space in the process of harmonious formation of
the nature and human unity.
The necessity to change anthropocentric outlook, dominant in the society, towards
integration in world-view of human-commensurable systems, possessing powerful
potential of formation of human beings’ value attitude to nature has been substantiated.
The basis can be formed with the idea of co-evolution of a human-being and nature,
ecological imperative of activity, admitting genetic priority of nature in relation to a
human-being, as well as ethics of responsibility.
- Bol’shak L. (2012). Education ecologization as a social need of modern society: (PhD thesis). – 20p.
- Knysh I. (2008) Ecological knowledge in modern educational discourse: (PhD thesis). – 20p.
- Morozova N. Education ecologization as means of ecological culture formation [Electronic resource]: http://www.rae.ru/fs/?section=content&op=show_article&article_id=7982157
- Podmazin S. (2006) Personality oriented education (social-philosophical analysis) (Thesis of Doctor of science). Dnipropetrovsk. 44p.
- Zlotnikov N.(1990). Nature as esthetical value. Philosophy and ecological problem. Moscow. 313p.
The social progress of the latest centuries, the significant feature of which was the development of science, technique and technology, has caused some global problems. The escalation of these problems is leading to the necessity of the personality new type formation with the marked innovative potential and the ability to cultural creativity and efficient dialogue with the nature.
The complexity and universality of ecological global problems of the nowadays force scientists of various science branches for the search of the ways of their solution. The development of new ecological knowledge is defined more often as the most efficient one in the determined context. According to I. Knysh, it provides: the eco-philosophy creation, the ecological knowledge development, the transfer of the human activity into the eco-activity and distribution of ecological knowledge and beliefs through the system of education (Knysh 2008).
The actuality of person’s cultural-educational space ecologization problem research is caused by the practice needs, first of all, the needs of education of eco-conscious personality who is able to implement the eco-keeping technologies in the attitude to the nature, society, culture and man.
- Objectives. Analyzing the modern relationship in the system of “nature-man” it is evident that there is man’s insufficient awareness of the consequences of his scornful, destructive, utilitarian-pragmatic attitude to the nature. Thus, there is an urgent need in orientation of personality cultural-educational space for learning and up-bringing of the ability and the need to live in eco-safe way, the formation of the will feeling, the competence to live and create through the optimal coordination with the nature. In our opinion, the most efficient factor of the mentioned is the education, and its ecologization is the objective tendency of its development which becomes the strategy resource of the ecological danger overcoming and person’s eco-safe life and creativity forming.
- Methods. The method of dialectics and hermeneutics were chosen as the research method. It allowed to cover the problem as the integrity in the historical context, the nowadays and the prospects development. Concerning hermeneutics it enabled to comprehend the essence of the ecologization process and reveal the inner nature of the indicated process as a filling of all content of education and upbringing with ecological knowledge, values and technologies.
- Results. Ecological education is one of the conditions of human thinking noospherization and the main institution which is able to suggest the solutions of the crisis. For contemporary education process it becomes the foundation of new models creating which have to combine the theoretic knowledge on the nature with practical knowledge on limits and consequences of human activity.
It should be pointed out that change of priorities in the man’s attitude to the nature, the society and himself in the eco-safe context is directly connected with the change of his consciousness, thinking, feelings and the will. Hence, until the axiology of the nature becomes the inner feeling of a human there will not be any positive improvements in the eco-dangerous environment. Ecological values have to become dominant ones, and all trends and branches of science, culture and education have to be penetrated with them.
Addressing to the axiological constituent of ecological paradigm confirms the depths of inner (spiritual) crisis of the today man. Nowadays for him the ecological paradigm is getting more features of the worldview and morale value. It means that the morale ecologization, the formation of ecological imperative, the ethics of responsibility, the co-evolutional worldview, the recognition of the nature genetic priority concerning a man are becoming the powerful factors of standartization and harmonization of the relations in the system “nature-man”. The question is on the new morale consolidation which is possible through the revival of spirituality in human life, confirmation of ontological status for higher values. This foresees the significant changes in man’s consciousness, his worldview principles and priorities connected with confirmation of a new eco-centric type of ecological consciousness. Namely such man with planetary thinking, whose new attitude to the nature in the way of life and behaviour is the integral feature, has to become an ideal of contemporary upbringing.
Various institutions and organizations of the society are making their contribution into solving of this global problem. But the essential role in this process belongs to the system of education which allows introducing the ecological knowledge through various links during all human life. At the same time it should be mentioned, that despite great successes of education there is more evidence that it has the global crisis. According to S. Podmazin, nowadays there is incapacity to form such type of man’s thinking which would encourage the solution of global problems of the mankind (Podmazin 2006). Thus, the thought of M. Zlotnikov is actual one in the indicated context, according to which a today man needs to reanimate the need in esthetical component of “man-nature” interconnections, i.e. “returning” its special spiritual and esthetical value to the nature (Zlotnikov 1990).
This exactly why, to our mind, the education ecologization is an objective tendency of its development as a respond to negative processes destructive for the nature as well as for the society, culture and a man. It is clear that eco-cultural personality is not formed spontaneously. He\she is the result of direct, systematically organized general (and ecological) education and upbringing, conscious work on himself\herself etc. Simultaneously we should point out that the ecological paradigm determining the character, intensity and directions of the interaction of a man and the nature is not new. It is a shame that it is often connected with the increase of hour quantity that are given to biological and ecological subjects within the curricula.
According to L. Bol’shak, the inclusion of ecological component to the basic part of education outlines vividly the efforts to justify the necessity of creation of independent education branch – eco-education- on the basis of specially developed methodological platform which will enable to formulate its aims and tasks, methodological and didactical tools etc. In general, the researcher defines this platform as ecologuzation of education sphere providing the implementation of eco-education principles into other constituents of education. At the same time the education on the environment issues does not have to be only a subject liable to be included into the existing curricula. It has to become a catalyzer of updating the system, concepts and methods of education. In the scholar’s opinion, the ecologization of education and upbringing is the process of their content filling with knowledge, values, feelings, information, technologies etc. Forming man’s corresponding awareness, all these things also form competences and means of activity directed to prevention or minimization of the increasing ecological danger (Bol’shak 2012).
This thought is supported by N. Morozova, who considers the ecologization of education content as the process of improvement (updating, reconstruction) implemented in education program introduction, new program development directed to mastering of ecological constituent of education content by future specialists. The mastering is aimed to ensure the forming of all-round personality ready for creation (keeping) and development of material and spiritual culture of the society (Morozova 2012).
Thus, education ecologization can be considered as the system of measures on ecological knowledge mastering optimization by a personality, i.e. the knowledge on objective laws of the environment functioning and the interaction of the nature and a man, whose purpose is ecological culture forming. All the mentioned require the development of new methods and the improvement of existing ones in ecological subject teaching at different links of education as well as the introduction of ecological knowledge elements into various subjects teaching (both humanities and sciences).
We believe that education ecologization is the process of filling of education content with ecological knowledge, development of ecological culture, skills and habits of practical activity with implementation of ecological policy principles. Concerning the ecologization of personality cultural-educational space we mean the ecological knowledge expansion and replenishment as well as creation of the conditions encouraging the deep comprehension of the essence of phenomena and processes that take place at modern stage of the society and nature interaction by a personality, his ability to apply obtained knowledge, compare facts and assess the condition of the environment, forecast the influence results and consequences on the nature and be able to make reasonable decisions.
In the mentioned context it is principally important to take into account social and philosophical foundations of education, in particular:
- innovative type of society development on the basis of efficient usage of scientific knowledge and new “breakthrough” information technologies which will enable to decrease resource consumption and reduce the anthropological loading on the nature up to the level that ensures the sustainable development of the civilization;
- noosphere worldview based on the idea of co-evolution of the man and the nature, the ecological imperative, the ethics of responsibility, the genetic priority of the nature concerning a man and the high personal responsibility of each person for keeping all forms of life on the planet.
Generalizing the problem of cultural-educational space ecologization it is necessary to emphasize the actuality and importance of development of innovative technologies on harmonization of man and nature’s relationship, in particular:
- creation of new approaches on reinterpretation of previous experience and modern base achievements (anthropoecological approach);
- introduction of the human dimension principle of science into the process of ecological knowledge creation which has to correspond to new needs of the personality’s life;
- involvement of ecophilic traditions and ideas of the native and the world history into a new political context and their implementation in the activity of scientific, educational, cultural-educational institutions;
- introduction of the system of scientific, educational and technical measures aimed at the man and the environment’s relationship harmonization;
- giving the priority to the ethical dimension of interaction in the system of “nature-man”.
5.Conclusions. Thus, the cultural-educational space harmonization cannot be implemented completely without a new paradigm of education. Changing scientific foundations, basics, orientation and character of education significantly, this paradigm will acknowledge the creative innovative activity, critical and logical comprehension of concrete situations, and orientation to the solution of real problems facing the society and a man as the main dominants.
Education ecologization is becoming an important constituent of person’s cultural-educational space harmonization. Through education ecologization there is a formation of a new level of the man and nature’s relationship, implementation of sustainable development ideas, strengthening of modern ecological culture values and norms, formation of eco-centric and ecological awareness. By giving the priority to the ethical dimension of interaction in the system “nature-man” it is possible to find the optimal vectors of the global problems’ solution by the way of education and upbringing ecologization.
1. Bol’shak L. (2012). Education ecologization as a social need of modern society: (PhD thesis). – 20p.
2. Knysh I. (2008) Ecological knowledge in modern educational discourse: (PhD thesis). – 20p.
3. Morozova N. Education ecologization as means of ecological culture formation [Electronic resource]: http://www.rae.ru/fs/?section=content&op=show_article&article_id=7982157
4. Podmazin S. (2006) Personality oriented education (social-philosophical analysis) (Thesis of Doctor of science). Dnipropetrovsk. 44p.
5. Zlotnikov N.(1990). Nature as esthetical value. Philosophy and ecological problem. Moscow. 313p.