Melitopol State Pedagogical University named after Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Melitopol, Ukraine
Title: The Work With The Student In The Residential Areas As One Of The Leading Directions Of Educational Work
Paper Type: Research Paper
City, Country: Melitopol, Ukraine
Authors: A. Halysheva
residential areas. It presents different views and analysis of recent researches of the
well-known educators about the definition of the term “education”.
The article deals with the social environment as a factor which influences the
development of a child.
The definition of educational work in the residential areas and its developing in the
south of Ukraine, in Melitopol, in the second part of the XX century is analyzed. It
is opened the development of different clubs for the interests and other educational
institutions in the article.
Basing on the researches of the scientists and leading educators the author gives
detailed analysis of this problem in the article. The article shows that nowadays it is
important to involve the students into the active types of the after – classes activities in
their free time for their self-education and vital self-determination.
- Karakovskiy V, Novikova L, Selivanova L (2000) Education? Education…Education! : Theory and practice of the school educational system, after edn. of N Selivanova, Moscow
- Manuylov U (1997) Environmental approach in education. Dissertation, University of Moscow
- Meleshko V (2008) Environmental approach: an experience of the experimental work in the country school. After edn. of Native3 school. - №1/2/, 24 – 27
- Prikhodchenko K (2010) Environmental approach in training and educating of youth. After edn. of The way of education. - №3, 22 – 27
- Shchurkova N (1996) Education as the pedagogical phenomenon. General regularities and principles of education. After the edn. of P Pidkasistiy, Mockow
The conceptual ideas of the development of education are as follows: providing the intensive innovative development of the education, updating the maintenance and technologies of educational process in accordance with democratic values, market principles of economy, modern scientific and technical achievements.
The implementation of these tasks connects with involving of students into the active types of after-classes activities which will be the instruments of self-education and vital self-determination in their spare time.
- Analysis of recent research
The process of education was studied by well-known educators as P. Blonsky, A.Pinkevich, V.Karakovskiy, L. Novikova, M.Rozhkov. The problem of the influence of the educational environment on the youth upbringing was analyzed by K. Ushinskiy, A. Lazurskiy , P. Lesgaft, I.Kohn, N.Shurkova, U. Manuylov.
- Statement of research objectives.
– To study the definition of the term “education”;
– to analyze the problem of the educational work with the students in their residential areas;
– to consider the development of the educational work in the residential areas in the south of Ukraine, in Melitopol, in the second part of the XX century.
To study the problem of educational work with students in the residential areas it is necessary to give the definition of the process of education which was analyzed by different educators and scientists. According to “the free dictionary” by Farlex the process of education is a field of study concerned with pedagogies of teaching and learning and the act of process of educating or being educated.
- Blonskiy thought that education was deliberate, organized, long impact on development of some organism and the object of such influence could be any living being – a person, an animal and a plant.
- Pinkevich described the process of education as deliberate systematic impact of one person (people) on another (others) in order to develop biologically or socially useful natural properties of the personality. Both of these educators thought that the education is the bilateral process the aim of which is to organize the life and activity of pupils, to accumulate them to social experience.
- Karakovskiy and L. Novikova have also been studying this term. They think that the education is the purposeful management of the personality development.
- Rozhkov has been examining the educational work as the influence of an educator on a pupil within implementation of professional functions. It includes realization of a complex of the organizational and pedagogical tasks which are solved by the teacher to ensure optimum development of a personality of a pupil; a choice of forms and methods of pupils’ education according to the tasks and the process of their implementation.
Studying the term of “educational work in the residential areas” we have found the following definition of it. The educators think that it is the direction of the pedagogical work which is connected with the activity with young people in the residential districts. We know that clubs it the place of residence unite children with adults in their free time and create conditions for their communication and their common activity.
Due to the resolution of the Central committee of Ukraine and Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic on December 8th, 1966 № 900, item №12, on actions of further improvement of the work of the general secondary school in the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, there was such a statement – to introduce the position of an organizer of the after-classes and out – of – school work with children into the staff of a secondary school.
Today there are a lot of after-classes institutions such as sport centers, children and youth stations, and clubs by interests which are forms of out – of – school activities. The topicality of our research is connected with social needs of the society in upbringing children in the residential districts and not enough developed problem of additional education.
Analyzing the direction of educational work with students in the residential areas it is necessary to investigate the problem of the influence of the educational environment on the youth upbringing.
There were a lot of educators such as K. Ushinskiy, A. Lazurskiy, P. Lesgaft, who studied this problem. A child interacts with the surrounding since the birth: with family, friends and schoolmates.
Studying the concept “environment” and its influence on the development and formation of the personality we analyzed a number of researches and publications which were made on this topic. One of the interesting statements to us was provided by I.S Kohn. The way through “influences of the environment which recruits the individual to the public life, teaches him to understand culture and behavior in society, performance of different social roles” (I. S. Kohn) is one of the directions of indirect educational influences.
This approach provides creation of space in which development of a sociality of an individual as the social personality for his own effective social formation and transformation becomes possible.
Essence of this approach is to bring up the children through that environment which surrounds them as a community, in the organization of perception of this environment which is improved by children with the help of teachers, parents, and friends.
- E. Shchurkova subdivides the educational environment into visually spatial, behavioral, event and information cultural environment.
Visually spatial environment of a pupil creates a psychological background where relationship of its participants develops.
The behavioral environment of the school is distinguished as unity of behavior that is peculiar to a pupil at a certain school, due to wide use of these or those behavioral forms: they are mimicry and gestures at conversation, poses at dialogues, and also difficult situations which are connected with ethical order.
Analyzing the concept of the event environment, we know that it is a certain set of events which are directed to the center of perception of a pupil and become the reason for certain vital conclusions and reflections.
Informational environment has the educational function if there is a wide range of literature in a school library, so everyone has textbooks, and teachers involve children into vigorous activities, such as public statements, competitions, abstract performances and conferences.
According to U. Manuylov, using of the environmental approach in the educational process is a necessary condition of its implementation and means of optimization of the influence on a personality of a pupil. This is a good method that allows teachers to act as researchers, to be grouped in collectives which work together and have common logics and talk on common vernacular.
Searching the facts of this problem we have analyzed the educational work with the students in the residential areas in the south of Ukraine, in Melitopol. We have known that in the late fifties-sixties of the XX century the construction was being carried out in Melitopol.
Together with the new five-storey buildings in the housing residential districts the rooms for pupils called as pioneer outposts, translated as an advanced post from German, were opened.
In the south of Ukraine, in Melitopol there were many examples which proved that society worried about the problem of leisure of children and wanted to be useful and interesting for pupils. In 1962 the nurseries were organized by the house management together with members of the house committee. There were such directions as:
- aircraft modeling; automodeling;
- photo club;
- puppet theatre;
- young sculptors;
- library and hockey team.
There were a lot of clubs by the interest, lectures were given there and discussions were organized. The first heads of the clubs were S. Fefelov, T. Babenko, T. Rudenko, L. Dyuzhayeva. Children’s committees were organized there after some time. Stepanov I.S. paid a lot of attention to this work.
In 1974 outposts were renamed for the children’s junior clubs, but little outposts were named as the room for school students. So it is necessary to emphasize that at that time a certain structural unit of the leisure organizations for students which included clubs at the place of residence, sports platforms, nurseries, children’s committees, clubs that were founded in each comprehensive school, palaces of culture as:
1) «Rovesnik»; 2) «Samodelka»; 3) «Dzerzhіnets»; 4) «Burevіsnik»; 5) «Vognik»; 6) «Antey»; 7) «Prometey»; 8) «Olіmpіya»; 9) «Yunіst’»; 10) «Chervona gvozdika»; 11) «David»;12) «Gerkules»; 13) «Gvozdіchka»;14) «Molodіzhniy»; 15)«Fakel» was established there.
The main aim of foundation of the outposts was to organize a substantial leisure in the residential areas of children and teenagers and to involve them into sports, technical modeling, and applied creativity.
Having analyzed the archive materials and scientific works in our article we can make general conclusion. We have considered the definition of the terms “education” and “educational work in the residential area” by the different educators and realized that education is the bilateral process and the work which is aimed to develop a personality.
Educational work in the residential area is the direction of pedagogical work which is connected with the activity of young people in the residential districts. We have considered the historical development of this work in the south of Ukraine, in Melitopol, in the second part of the XX century and come to a conclusion that a certain structural unit of leisure organizations for students was established there.
1) Karakovskiy V.A., Novikova L.E., Selivanova L.N. (2000) Education? Education…Education! : Theory and practice of the school educational system, after edn. of N. L.Selivanova, Moscow
2) Manuylov U.S. (1997) Environmental approach in education. Dissertation, University of Moscow
3) Meleshko V. (2008) Environmental approach: an experience of the experimental work in the country school. After edn. of Native3 school. – №1/2/, 24 – 27
4) Prikhodchenko K. (2010) Environmental approach in training and educating of youth. After edn. of The way of education. – №3, 22 – 27
5) Shchurkova N.E (1996) Education as the pedagogical phenomenon. General regularities and principles of education. After the edn. of P.E. Pidkasistiy, Mockow
6) Karakovskiy V, Novikova L, Selivanova L (2000) Education? Education…Education! : Theory and practice of the school educational system, after edn. of N Selivanova, Moscow
7) Manuylov U (1997) Environmental approach in education. Dissertation, University of Moscow
8) Meleshko V (2008) Environmental approach: an experience of the experimental work in the country school. After edn. of Native3 school. – №1/2/, 24 – 27
9) Prikhodchenko K (2010) Environmental approach in training and educating of youth. After edn. of The way of education. – №3, 22 – 27
10) Shchurkova N (1996) Education as the pedagogical phenomenon. General regularities and principles of education. After the edn. of P Pidkasistiy, Mockow